April 4, 2014
The question on the Cats and Cards fans mind, is will The Harrison Twins and Montrelz Harrell declare for the 2014 NBA draft. The decision must come within the next 11 days, per the rules on the National Basketball Association (NBA). April 15, 2014 is the deadline for all college under-classmen to declare for the NBA. With the possibility of the Harrison Twins playing for the Championship Monday night, this will give them on 8 days to make an important decision about their futures. Andrew & Aaron, along with Montrezl Harrell are projected to be late first round draft picks. Draftexpress.com has Harrell going around 19, while Andrew is projected to go 25th and his brother Aaron to go in the early 2nd round. Should they stay or go? Many Cats and Cards fans would say they need to stay to work on their games more, but that would be for their own selfish agendas of wanting to see them play for their schools so more. As John Calipari would say, it should be about the players first, and not about the coaches, school, or fans. I agree with this notion, because you can always go back to school to receive your degree. Some players have even stayed 4 years and still did not graduate. I was 31 years of age when I received my undergrad degree, so it’s never too late. I also didn’t have the option to make millions, so that’s comes into effect as well. I would ask both the U of K and U of L fans what would you tell your son to do in a decision with possible millions on the line? If I was a betting man, I believe most would tell their children to leave school with life changing money on the table. The decision to me has many variables. If you’re family needs the money financially, then I would say leave, but if your family is stable financially I would say stay in school. Also, school is not for everyone, so a kid not really into the college experience could play apart as well. It’s that easy. I know the Harrison Twins family situation is stable. Mr. Harrison father of the Twins is on record saying that the family is fine financially. If so, I would give the advice to the Twins to stay in school. The reason is to live in the moment, and not being able to get your college years back. The Twins have played together since grade school, so making the decision to go to the NBA would split the two apart from each other. I would say cherish these moments in college, and enjoy being a kid, because once you move to the next level it become a business at that point. You also would never get these years back ever. With Montrelz Harrell I would give the same advice of coming back if his family situation is stable. If not, then leave. We will find out by April 15th, but whatever decision these young guys make, I hope it’s a decision that’s best for them and not anyone else.