Trent A. Brinkley’s 2015 High School Football Signing Day Recap
I had the pleasure of covering four great high school football athletes and students during the 2014 HS Football season from Colonial Forge High School, Stafford High School, and Caroline High School, all located in Virginia. The four HS football athletes and students I covered were: Garrett Cropp, Dorian Judkins, Javon Frazier, and TaJonn Nickelson. Below is my recap of the 2015 National Signing Day, and my recap of covering them.
Senior Quarterback 6-1 205lbs Stafford HS
- 40yd Dash: 4.7 seconds
- Weights: 300lbs (Bench) 325lbs (Squat)
It is my pleasure to announce that Garrett Cropp has decided to accept a scholarship from Concord University, and play football for them next fall.
Garrett reasons why picking Concord University:
- “I chose Concord University because of the way everyone treats one another there. It is like a big family.”
Garrett on playing for Head Coach Garin Justice:
- “I look forward to playing under HC Justice. He is a great coach and knows what it takes to be a winner on and off the field.”
Garrett on learning under Offensive Coordinator/QBs Coach Haynes:
- “Coach Haynes is a great coach and is all about player development and just getting better day in and day out so I am very excited.”
Stafford HS Senior DE Quentin Johnson on Garrett Cropp:
- “Garrett Cropp… That’s one tough dude considering all the injuries we had upfront this year he battled every game. Growing as a leader as the season went on. I’m just proud of em cause I know the hard work he puts in, I know he’ll do good at next level. Concord got themselves a Gem cause man can he throw!”
Garrett’s story: http://www.analyzedsports.com/garrett-cropp-gearing-greatness/
Senior Corner/Wide Receiver 5-9 165lbs Stafford HS
- 40yd Dash: 4.5 seconds
- Weights: 210lbs (Bench) 265lbs (Squat)
Dorian is still deciding where he will play college football next year. I talked to Dorian on the 2015 HS Football Signing Day, he said that he considering in no particular order: University of Pikeville, Milford Academy, Blinn Junior College, West Los Angeles College, and Shenandoah. He will let us at Analyzed Sports know when he makes his college decision of where he will play at the next level.
Teammates on Dorian:
- “Dorian is an overall a great person, big heart never backs down. Hard worker in weight room. I wish he could’ve stayed healthy for his last year because he’s a very dynamic player. Catches ball well & has good speed. He balled out on senior night against Mt View & I was very proud of him.”
– Senior Stafford DE Quentin Johnson on Dorian Judkins
Dorian’s story: http://www.analyzedsports.com/dorian-judkins-yields-opportunities/
Senior DE/OLB 6-3 225lbs
Colonial Forge HS
- 40yd Dash: 4.6 seconds
- Weights: 365lbs (Bench) 465lbs (Squat)
- It is my pleasure to announce that Javon Frazier has decided to accept a scholarship from Liberty University, and play football for them next fall.
Javon on why he picked Liberty:
- Great campus, an competition and before my grandmother passed she wanted me closer with God so it was a great fit.
What are you looking forward to playing for the Flames?
- I’m looking foward to competing and getting to play at the collegiate level.
What are your freshman expectations at Liberty:
Javon’s story: http://www.analyzedsports.com/hard-wire-rewards-javon-frazier/
Senior SS/WR 5’10.5″ 185lbs
- It was told via text on the 2015 HS Football Signing Day that the Caroline Senior SS/WR TaJonn Nickelson will head to prep school next year. We don’t know what school exactly he is heading to, but when we find out, we will let you know.
Link to story: http://www.analyzedsports.com/football-mean-tajonn-nickelson/